Saturday 13 June 2015

Norfolk Island Relay for Life

It was a rainy and chilly winters start to the day as we were setting up for relay for life on the Norfolk Island Central school oval but by the afternoon starting time, the sun came out smiling and dried up all the clouds.

This was a big day for me. Not only did I have my Minischool preschool team entered into the relay,

 I also was cooking and serving hot potatoes and soup as part of the year six tour fundraising as well as setting up the healthy lunchbox ideas table (as I am a Cancer Council eat it to beat it facilitator) plus my daughter Sienna was singing her first big set of 9 songs before her daddy's singing set to motivate and inspire the walkers.

3 of Sienna's videos from the day are here...
HAPPY
RIPTIDE
IT's OH SO QUIET

The Minischool teams theme was rainbows, we had a whole range of fancy dress for the day. We had our tent set up as a home base with chill out bean bags and a table for drawing/eating on.
 I am especially proud of my good friend Rose who joined our team even though she doesn't have kids at Minischool. Rose walked for the entire 6 hours, only breaking to go to the loo and ice her feet which are painful to walk on at the best of times.


During the survivors and Carers lap. I was most proud of Geordie at 7 has had a rough start to life but has made up for it now. Love him and his Mum who works with me at Minischool.


I love my funny friend Michelle dressed as Mrs Wishy Washy.



 Sienna Rose beautifully singing 9 songs on the day. The set up on the main stage wasn't working properly so she and her dad decided to sing on the grassy hill to inspire the walkers.
 



Brandt using the cordless mike to sing and walk along with the walkers until they noticed him.
















I hope we find a cure ♥


  




 From the N.I relay's facebook page.... What an amazing Relay For Life and Health Day Norfolk!
The weather was stunning and it was a great day out in the community. Thank you to everyone who turned up and joined in the walk and thank you to the whole community for the wonderful support.
We raised around $12,500 which is an incredible effort!
What amazing support from such a small community, thx yorli that is really fantastic. I am very proud to be a part of this little island paradise Norfolk Island xx

No comments: